Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Charles U Farley[_3_] Charles U Farley[_3_] is offline

Default Source for LCD monitor?

RB wrote in
:

Hey guys
I want to toss the old CRT video monitor perched atop my Emco 5
CNC.
I want to replace it with a small flat-panel display.
So I am looking for a good deal on a surplus or refurb (i.e. cheap)
flat panel with RCA video input.
Can be monochrome, though I'd prefer color.
Can even be a small TV, or a DVD player if it as RCA video input.
I've done searches several ways but can't find anything so far.

Can anyone point me to a model, or a site, or maybe you have something
suitable to sell?

Post here or email me directly.

thanks
Rex

Not necessarily as cheap as finding a ready to plug and play surplus
consumer electronic display like a car DVD remote screen, but these guys
are a source of surplus smaller LCD panel kits.
http://store.earthlcd.com/LCD-Products/LCD-Kits-ALL Make sure to look at
"kit" contents to see that the all necessary drive electornics are
included and it has a composite input with a suitable aspect ratio.

I've also been looking for a smaller monitor to use as a dual display on
my desktop for some software that can take advantage of having a command
window separate from the main monitor. I've found an RCA DRC6338 8"
portable DVD player at the local Walllyworld. Not many of the dvd
players list AV _inputs_ as a capability, this one does and it comes
with a 120V wallwart. For just over $100 it's about the same price as an
add on remote screen for a car DVD set and comes ready to run on house
power, the car stuff would need a 12V adaptor. YMMV