Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Where to move?? Bidniss 101, Geography 101.....

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

The hardest thing for me would be leaving the Jersey shore and the NYC
museums and other cultural things. But I'm sure I'd adjust. I did fine in
Michigan for those years.

Michigan is a wonderful state, at least up north, move to Virginia, close
to DC, explore
the Library of Congress and the Smithsonian. A man could spend a lot of
time there. I
sure enjoyed my one visit.

From the East end of Virginia to NYC is about the same distance I drive to
the NAMES show.
You do have a frugal car don't you? I hear things like Amtrack even exist
in that part of
the country.

A bit of time on the train, writing an article for publication, using wifi
if amtrack has
it for research and you are set. Might pay for the trip.

I know, I live in Michigan, a failed state so I don't have a lot of
credibilty, too much
family lives here so I'm stuck but if your family is less extended,
Virginia might be a
great move for you.

It didn't take too many summers in NJ to tell me that that state was one
to leave.

Hey, we develop a special hassle-resistant coating after 30 years or so.
It's a nice place if you know where to go -- a lot like Michigan in that
regard. I spent a summer living in the UP, in the back of my old Bell Tel
truck, chasing trout. That's a nice place to be. However, civilization
looked good after I crossed the bridge and came home. g

The beaches and ocean here are our equivalent.

Best thoughts,

Wes

Thanks, Wes. I'm not moving in a hurry, but my reasons to stay here are
declining.

--
Ed Huntress