Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Kohler engine problems - craftsman lawn tractor

On Apr 2, 11:50*am, (hillclimber)
wrote:
Have a 18 hp Kholer engine (model # CV492)on a 42" Craftsman lawn tractor
(7 years old). Problem is starts OK and runs for 20 minutes or so and then
starts to stall and lose power. *Does restart but repeats problem. *This
was the first mow of the season. *Had run all gas out for winter. Used
fresh gas to start. *Know I need a new battery as I can put a charger on
the current (orginal) battery and get mower started but should have
anything to do with the stalling? *Changed oil and oil filter and air
filter. *Have not changed gas filter or spark plug. *Please advise, Thanks.

Delivered via *http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

A failing coil or ignition module can act up when motor gets hot, see
if there is spark just after it dies.