Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus12193 Ignoramus12193 is offline

Default Electrical schematics on Linux?

On 2009-04-02, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Ignoramus12193 fired this volley
in news
"I don't gots no Schema on my 'IX box"... or some such.

Iggy, there are some fine freeware schematic capture packages for
WinBlows. I like and use ExpressPCB for prototyping, and love the
package for its net capture and interaction with the routing software.

What's keeping you from firing up an instance of WINE, and running
something like that?

I think that WINE has been overhyped, as a matter of reality most
things do not work under WINE, at least as far as I am concerned.

I found gEDA, which works fine as far as I could tell, and did a
schematic with gEDA. It was not too difficult. geda can also export to
jpeg. I have mastered, perhaps, 0.5% of its functionality.

Here's the schematic:

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Quin.../Schematic.jpg

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/