Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus12193 Ignoramus12193 is offline

Default Worn keyway

On 2009-04-02, Tim #__#@__.- wrote:

wrote in message
I have a few electric motors in commercial dryers with warn keyways on
the shaft end that holds the fan any suggestions on how to repair.
Keyways are 1/8 in. Thanks Martin

Buy new pulleys with taper bushing hubs.

Loctite the new bushings to the shaft, but not to the pulley. The taper lock
to the pulley will be fine, and leaving it dry with facilitate disassemble
someday, if needed.

This is something I have been wondering about since 3 months ago: do
these tapered pulley bushings, if thouroughly tightened, require
keyways at all or they can be used without a keyway?

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/