Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ted Ted is offline

Default The taming of the skew! Help

I think I have that same Raffan video. I also have Alan Lacer's skew
chisel video. Both videos are good. But I find it interesting that
these two experts do not agree about some basic things. At one point
in his video Raffan says to keep the point down going one way and
point it up going the other way, unless you are left handed, then do
the opposite. Lacer does not teach it that way. If my memory serves
me correctly, he keeps the point the same going both directions (I
don't remember which way the long point goes in his video off the top
of my head). My point is that the experts don't always agree. Get
all you can from what they say and use what you can. But some of what
you do as a woodturner has to be what works best for you. That takes
lots of time, effort and experience.

Ted J.
thelatentlog.com