Posted to alt.home.repair
zimpzampzormp[_2_] zimpzampzormp[_2_] is offline

Default Removing a Broken Doorknob

DerbyDad03 wrote:

wrote:
On Mar 28, 5:48 am, Nate Nagel wrote:
Steve Daniels wrote:
On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 20:34:21 -0700 (PDT), against all advice,
something compelled DerbyDad03 , to say:
I'm thinking that with the internal mechanism exposed, judicious use
of a reciprocating saw might just get the job done.
At this point I'd just stand back and kick the damm thing in.
But then you have the door open and no need to use a power tool.
Especially one as cool as a sawzall.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

"thanks for all your help dicks"

I reviewed the thread and couldn't find one poster named "dick", never
mind multiple "dicks". To whom were you passing along your thanks?

"clearly i had tried using a flathead"

Clearly? I just checked your previous posts and saw no mention of you
trying a flathead. On the other hand, I did see the mention of a hoe:
"i think my only hoe is to try..."

Clearly, a hoe is the wrong tool for this job.

And I can't wait till he posts another "please help" question. I bet he
sees a lot of "dicks" answering.