Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Noble[_2_] Bill Noble[_2_] is offline

Default Anyone going to WESTEC?

"steamer" wrote in message
Hate to say it but we walked the show in a little over an hour!
Bridgeport wasn't even there. No Chinese legation even. Sad days..

there were several chinese suppliers, an Indian supplier or two, so if you
wanted cheap stuff there was some. Aloris was there, HAAS, SPI, Mitutoyo,
all the usual suspects. A nice selection of 3-D printers (they are getting
almost affordable), a very cool $2500 setup that can scan/form a point cloud
and then mill a small object (price includes a scanner and a small mill),
Flow was showing their HP cutting technology - no longer cutting out
motorcycles, several really nice EDM machines, a great demo of ceramic
inserts and ultra high SFM. But Enco and MSC were absent, as was H Hip,
and a few of the other low end suppliers. Several companies offering Laser
Radar measuring systems (very cool), and so on. Westec isn't the best place
to get bargains, though Travers was handing out 15% discount coupons and US
tool had some heavy discounts too - Westec is where you go to figure out
what you want and what you want but will never have. Oh, and there was a
way cool, and affordable USB microscope by Big C technology - very cool.

and I don't ever remember seeing Bridgeport there even in prior years,
though it might have been.