Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default For Sale or Trade: 8" Super Index horizontal/vertical rotarytable (with 3-jaw chuck) for milling machine

On Mar 30, 6:24*pm, erik litchy wrote:
i would feel safer using a small overhead hoist than a table like that.

Wes wrote:
Carla Fong wrote:

That would use most of the envelope under my bridgeport. *I have a 12" RT that I call my
uncle for help lifting. *A hydraulic cart to slide these things onto the table is on my
agenda. *Us older guys are not going to risk that magic pop in our backs if we are smart.
I'd check harbor freight for a cart to get it in place if your index works under your
envelope.

Carla

Long ago my back told me that all the second-hand lifts I could buy
would cost less than one trip to the emergency room.

A platform lift (stacker) similar to this has been the most useful:
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...2354_200342354
It drops lower than a scissors table so heavy things are easier to
slide onto it.

You can hang loads under the table like a crane, but it's unstable if
they swing. They are fine as is on hard floors. I use mine outdoors
and so modified it with larger stainless steel wheels:
http://picasaweb.google.com/KB1DAL/Wheels#

Jim Wilkins