Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
erik litchy[_2_] erik litchy[_2_] is offline

Default For Sale or Trade: 8" Super Index horizontal/vertical rotarytable (with 3-jaw chuck) for milling machine

i would feel safer using a small overhead hoist than a table like that.
Wes wrote:
Carla Fong wrote:

Hi everyone - A while ago we purchased an 8" super index for our milling
machine that turns out to be way too big for us, now that I try to heft
it onto the mill. You can see the details of one of these at Enco part
number 202-3030,
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PARTPG=INLMKD&PMPXNO=953904&PMAKA=202-3030
(although we got ours from J&L, it looks like it came from the same
general place as the Enco version.

That would use most of the envelope under my bridgeport. I have a 12" RT that I call my
uncle for help lifting. A hydraulic cart to slide these things onto the table is on my
agenda. Us older guys are not going to risk that magic pop in our backs if we are smart.
I'd check harbor freight for a cart to get it in place if your index works under your
envelope.

Carla

If the professor on Gilligan's Island can make a radio out of a coconut,
why can't he fix a hole in a boat?

It is sorta like asking mom and dad why Santa doesn't visit poor people.

Wes