Posted to alt.home.repair
Big_Jake Big_Jake is offline

Default Offset Toilet Flange Extender

On Mar 29, 2:49*pm, Pavel314 wrote:
On Mar 29, 12:02*pm, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

Pavel314 wrote:
I need to move a toilet back about a half inch.

You gotta tell us . . 'why'? * * The only possible reason I can think
of that someone would want to do that is because the little woman
picked out a new toilet with a wider profile and now a door won't
open.

I'd replace the toilet before trying to move old cast iron. * * * But
if that isn't possible, I'd probably find a likely place to break the
drain in the basement and just replace it with PVC.

Jim

Right, the new toilet is just a little bit too long to clear the door.
If I can't find an adapter, I'll just angle it a bit and claim that's
the latest stlye.

Paul

Take it back and get a "shallower" one. There is a pretty broad size
range.

JK