Dave Balderstone

Default A post by the rep from Adjustable Clamp Co.

In article , wrote:

We did not make a single penny of profit from this
sale; we actually sold all of these clamps below cost to our
distributors, and asked them to sell at the great prices you
saw. Again, to say thanks.

I know many people will scoff at this, but I take it a face value.

The publishing company (newspapers and magazines) I work for is 80
years old this year. For our anniversary issue of the newspaper, we
offered an 80% discount to our long standing advertisers. It was wildly
successful... We went from 80 to 160 pages.

This stuff does happen, and it happens because the people running the
company do indeed want to celebrate more than they want the profit.

djb

--
There are no socks in my email address.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"