Abe

Default Brad nailer for hanging drywall?

In article , lramsey@cox-
internet.com says...
The Senco screw gun is awesome!! YOu will never regret using screws
instead of nails except that it is slightly slower.
\
On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 05:32:23 GMT, "Bob Davis"
wrote:

Can a brad nailer be used successfully to hang drywall?

I hate to *ahem* admit it, but because I had no help and was sick with
the flu... Ok, no excuses. I hung the drywall in part of my garage
using a framing nailer. There, I've said it. It took a while to get
the depth right, but once it was set, it worked pretty well. About 3
out of 4 nails were sunk just to the point of dimpling the paper. The
fourth, of course, was blasted into the drywall to the point where the
head was barely visible down in the rock.

So... taping and cleanup were a bitch. I don't recommend this approach,
if for no other reason than that it'll be a PITA getting all those big
nails out of the studs and joists if I ever decide to go back and do it
right. It also just has to be some kind of code violation. But the
point is, it can be done using larger full-head nails, if you're
desperate. Brads certainly won't hold up anything.

As everyone else is saying, screws are the way to go. Next time I've
got to hang some drywall, I'm getting a screw gun and enlisting some
help.

Cheers,
Abe

--
A numeral would be more efficient than spelling out "ONE" in an email
addy, don't you think?