Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Removing a Broken Doorknob

On Mar 27, 4:08*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Very often, in cases like these. Something is broken, in the
latch. Which results in breaking the knob. So, all the screw
drivers and all the horses and all the kings men won't
result in pulling the latch.

Separate the door from jamb with big screwdrivers, pull the
door off from the hinge side, that kind of thing, might be
needed.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

Look in the goddamn hole where the doorknob was like
people have been
telling you to. You will see the latch mechanism. It is
child's play
to figure out how it works, then use a suitable
flat-bladed
screwdriver to either twist or pull whatever makes the
latch release.

Yeah, I was about to resort to profanity myself. If this
guy is still
stuck, he shouldn't be allowed to own a screwdriver.

Yup, but I'm sure some bleeding heart will come back and
admonish me
for being "mean."

"all the screw drivers and all the horses and all the kings men
won't result in pulling the latch."

I'll bet that even with a jammed or broken mechanism, there's quite a
few of us in this group that, with the proper application of a just
few tools, could get this door open.

I'm thinking that with the internal mechanism exposed, judicious use
of a reciprocating saw might just get the job done.