Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Running conduit in the basement

Twayne wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
In article
,
sid wrote:
I am finishing two walls in the basement and want to know the best
solution to run conduit feeds to several receptacle boxes on the
walls.

Should I run conduit along the ceiling, then place a box and a branch
circuit down each stud-bay to the receptacles on the walls ? Or
Should I run conduit down the first stud-bay and then sideways
through the studs to the other receptacles ?

Two questions:
1) How do you plan to run conduit sideways through the studs?
2) Why are you planning to use conduit at all?

lol, and I fail to see why several people feel it necessary to over and
over keep asking why the OP wants to use conduit? You guys may think
you're clairvoyant and see the situation clearly, why doesn't your own
ISP provide the answer to your question?

There are many reasons to run conduit, all of which include advantages
and most of which are the best choices. I suggest some edgeakation to
counter-act some of that ego. Oh, and the me-too attitude so prevalent
here lately.

Cheers,

Twayne

OK smart guy, how do *YOU* run conduit through presumably
already-installed studs?

cut it in 16" lengths and use lots of couplers?

seriously, it's not an attitude, for the question the OP posed, conduit
really is not the easiest solution.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.