Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Bash function to post to Twitter via command line

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 21:27:08 -0500, Ignoramus764
wrote:

snip
Well, it is up to you as to what you post. I am not sure myself if I
want to use it or not. But, I would imagine that twittering about a
big project in progress is kind of fun to follow, frmo the
rec.crafts.metalworking perspective.

Say you have a dicey medical exam today and the whole family
wants to know about the results. A few tweets as things
progress and everybody (your family members) knows what's
happening.

You're at a job site and you don't have the proper part on
your truck. One tweet alerts all fellow coworkers about what
you need and where you are located. Who ever has it and is
close by can respond...

Most of what I see Twitter being used for so far is pretty
worthless.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b