Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Anyone doing any actual metalwork?

Gerald Miller wrote:

When I worked on Senior Son's '68 Firebird 6, I used a flat plate with
three holes to match the Puller bolt pattern with a chain drilled
opening for the retainer bolt. The end of the plate rested against the
frame. this was the only way I could see to hold the crank from
turning other than dropping the pan or using rope in a cylinder.

You take a plug out, insert a bunch of nylon rope into the cylinder and then torque away.
Make sure to leave the tail of rope out.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller