Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Building DIY pro. speakers - 500_watt_top_box.jpg (1/1)

John Fields wrote:

John O'Flaherty wrote:

The wiring certainly will NOT handle your claimed power handling
capacity. It will introduce distortion as power increases. You need
bigger feed lines, and they should be kept as short as can be feasibly
done.

What sort of distortion will increase with power due to small wires?

---
If the temperature of the wires is caused to change by the charge
flowing through them, then their resistance will be modulated by the
power being dissipated by the load, and distortion products will be
generated as sidebands.

Actually I have found the real problem is the modulation of the LOAD
resistance. Voice coils can run very hot these days. The load is therefore
non-linear wheras the connecting wire doesn't get hot and just presents a
resistance. The net effect is the same. I'm not sure about your use of the term
sidebands. It just looked like classic harmonic distortion to me.

Graham