Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Best way to clean band saw blades?

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
So, this band saw I just picked up came with about 15 blades.
They probably sat in the garage for a few years and got pretty rusty.
Right now, I have them soaking in some lubricant spray.

What's the best way to get that rust off?
With my imagination, I was thinking of maybe cutting through something
that would be abrasive, but it would certainly dull the blades.

What kind of guides does you BS have. Stationary ceramic guides will clean
them right up by simply running and cutting with the blade on the saw.