Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus764 Ignoramus764 is offline

Default Anyone doing any actual metalwork?

On 2009-03-26, Todd Rich wrote:

I've been making these:
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u.../shop/dam3.png

Wow, nice patterns. What steels did you use?

1095 and 15n20. 15n20 has about .75% carbon, and close to 2% nickel.
Fairly close to L6 in heat treat properties too.

And thanks! This (pattern welding in general) is what I've been working
towards with getting my compressor and building the power hammer.

Yep, that's why I was so excited about it.

I'm starting to get up to speed. Depending on how well my grinding
skills ramp up, I should be doing knives soon too.

I can buy a knife from you if you make a nice knife and have a nice
price on it.
posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/