Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_10_] SteveB[_10_] is offline

Default Anyone doing any actual metalwork?

On 2009-03-25, SteveB wrote:
I bought two gates at a yard sale that I'm going to mount in the garden.

[ ... ]

What's everyone up to? So much damn political talk going on, you can't
hear
the jaybirds.

Well ... I'm stuck not able to do any work for the moment. I
had cataract surgery about a week and a half ago, and am under
instructions to not lift anything over twenty pounds -- which locks out
a lot of what I would want to work with. A few days more and I am free,
until the next eye.

However -- as a potential benefit for welding in the future --
the replacement lenses are UV blockers. The eyeball could still get a
flash burn, but the retina is protected.

Enjoy,
DoN.

Just get real good equipment and learn to become anal about using it all the
time. Sure, things happen, but my experience has been that guys who really
watch the safety aspects have fewer "incidents."

Hope you're back at it soon. I know it gets to grind on me when I have a
backlog of "stuff" because I'm feelin puny.

Steve