Posted to rec.woodworking
C & E C & E is offline

Default Best way to clean band saw blades?

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
So, this band saw I just picked up came with about 15 blades.
They probably sat in the garage for a few years and got pretty rusty.
Right now, I have them soaking in some lubricant spray.

What's the best way to get that rust off?
With my imagination, I was thinking of maybe cutting through something
that would be abrasive, but it would certainly dull the blades.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--

A bit more involve but easier on the blades is electrolysis. Yea, I know
that it remind you of moustache hair on granda but, no, it's not the same.