Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Best way to clean band saw blades?

Phisherman wrote:

If rags and kerosene don't remove it, try a product containing oxalic
acid (Bar Keepers Friend, Zud, navel jelly, etc). I'd probably toss
the blade if the rust made deep pits or with missing/damaged teeth.

Most of them just have light surface rust.
I already threw out the really bad ones.

I figured if they were still sharp (or I sharpened them), I just
don't want the rust coming off on whatever I'm cutting.

If it's not a good idea, no biggie.
I got such a good deal on the saw, I can buy new blades.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--