Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Noble[_2_] Bill Noble[_2_] is offline

Default Anyone doing any actual metalwork?

"
I''m still searching all over for some way to make the 4 ft long curl on
the end of some .040 stainless to form a hood hinge for my 36 cadillac -
it puzzles me to no end that this thing could be made in 1936 and no one
I've contacted has a clue how to make it today - looks like either a
roll mill or hammer mill job to me - no this is not a hinge with a pin,
it is a typical interlocking spiral car hood hinge.

any clues?

Cad Coupe? Boss of mine in high school had one of the 2 1936 Cad coupes
in the SF Bay area.

it's a series 6019 (look on www.wbnoble.com, click on hobbies, then
cars) - some day I'll finish it. It is the smallest of the V-8s of that
year, 4 doors, dual side mounts, should be nice if I ever get it finished.

by the way, I"ve posted images and a diagram of the part I need to the
drop box using the file name "36-cad-hinge-*" they should show up "real
soon now"

here's the links to the images in the dropbox

The file 36-cad-hinge-3.JPG has been added to the Drop Box as
"36-cad-hinge-3.JPG".
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/36-cad-hinge-3.JPG
The file 36-cad-hinge-drawing.jpg has been added to the Drop Box as
"36-cad-hinge-drawing.jpg".
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...ge-drawing.jpg
The file 36-cad-hinge-1.jpg has been added to the Drop Box as
"36-cad-hinge-1.jpg".
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/36-cad-hinge-1.jpg
The file 36-cad-hinge-2.jpg has been DEFERRED for manual handling as
"36-cad-hinge-2.jpg-1".
It was deferred because: because it is too small (min size = 5000)
The file 36-cad-hinge.txt has been added to the Drop Box as
"36-cad-hinge.txt".
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/36-cad-hinge.txt