Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Christopher Tidy Christopher Tidy is offline

Default Looking for an A.C. Sphinx oil bath air cleaner

Hi folks,

I'm looking for an air cleaner to suit my Dennis lawnmower. It currently
has a plastic air cleaner fitted which looks all wrong.

According to the Spare Parts List, the correct air cleaner is an "A.C.
Sphinx Oil Bath Type" with a 1 1/2" circular opening in the bottom. I
believe they may later have been sold under the name A.C. Delco. The air
cleaner is of a squat, cylindrical shape with a removable lid.

Here's a picture of a lawnmower (not mine) with the correct air filter:
http://www.mythic-beasts.com/~cdt22/...ir_cleaner.jpg

I have the curly pipe. I just need the air cleaner.

Anyone got one they want to sell, or know where I might find one? I'm
looking for this specific air cleaner, or one very similar, not one
which does the same job.

Best wishes,

Chris Tidy