Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Clothes dryer taking too long to dry clothes.

On Mar 25, 8:37*am, wrote:
* *I would suggest thee possibilities, in likely order.

** heating element not fully functional: This could be due to power
supply issues (one half of the 240V supply not functioning resulting
in 120V) or a damaged element, reducing the heat to half, or a high
resistance connection to one or more heater elements.

* Poor venting. *Could be lint build up, crimped duct or as noted,
water in the duct at a low point.

* Control problems with the dryer control keeping the temperature as
in delicate cycle.

Good Luck

I hsd s broken heating element. The ends would touch intermittently
and heat up then shut down. Even when I pulled the heater out and
checked it with an ohmmeter the problem didnt show. I had the thing in
and out 2 or 3 times before it opened and stayed open so I could find
the problem.

BTW, it was only a month out of warranty.

Jimmie