Posted to alt.home.repair
sid sid is offline

Default sump pump receptacle in ceiling

On Mar 23, 1:18*pm, bob haller wrote:
On Mar 23, 10:51 am, sid wrote:

On Mar 18, 6:03 pm, bob haller wrote:

Have a customer who I kinda beat up about a 30 foot extension cord
across a room.

novel fix they put a outlet in the cieling with a twist lock plug.

I must admit I had no idea where the machine plugged in till a
maintence guy showed me.

so twist lock plug and outlet is another solution

If I mount a box on the wall to and re-use the single receptacle
there, that leaves an open box on the ceiling. Can I mount a ceramic
pull chain fixture there and still be with in code. Would it be
terribly wrong ?

that should be fine, although you could just use a blank plate- Hide quoted text -

That corner were the sump is will be a small closet that holds almost
nothing. It would be nice to have a util light in there when you need
it.