Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveBell[_2_] SteveBell[_2_] is offline

Default Painter's tape inquiry

SteveB wrote:
"George" wrote in message
The wife has been doing some projects in the house and is about
going mad. We have eggshell paint on plaster walls and when
she paints and uses "painter's tape," the the tape pulls the
paint off the wall.

She'd like to know if there is a better alternative, if she
should look for a particular brand, or if there is something
else to help with the issue.

Get a good quality trim brush and practice and forget the tape.

Taping everything is what they do on those "expert" home shows
sponsored by big box where they drop off a pallet of tape at the
house they are working on.

Taping is, after all, for people who can't paint.

Not at all .. I know very skilled painters and some mask,some don't.
Probably all do sometimes. Being on a ladder and working higher up
is a skill that diminishes with age )

As someone who makes a good bit of money painting, I can verify that
sometimes I use tape and sometimes I don't. :-)
I tape when it's easier, like getting in that stupid half-inch slot
between the door casing and the wall. I don't tape window glass, ever.
I paint onto the glass, then scrape it off with a razor.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement