Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Stewart[_2_] Jim Stewart[_2_] is offline

Default Anyone doing any actual metalwork?

Been working rather furiously on a turned five
part enclosure for an electronic instrument I'm
designing. Got a proof of concept unit and a
3d modeled proto turned on my Jet lathe and had
a real machinist make me 4 more preproduction
units. Played around with Alodining the parts
and painting them with bake-on phenolic resin
paint.

Right now I have to work on finalizing the cad
dwgs into a bid package and send it out. Anyone
out there have a CNC lathe and want to bid?

Took time out Saturday to go to the Bay Area Model
Engine club meeting...

http://baemclub.com/

Every time I want to get inspired to do good
machining, I see what those guys are up to.

Looking at some old sheet metal designs that can
be redesigned in 3D CAD and simplified.