Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stuart Fields Stuart Fields is offline

Default Anyone doing any actual metalwork?

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 06:33:47 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 01:30:23 -0500, the infamous Don Foreman
scrawled the following:

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 21:52:20 -0600, "SteveB"
wrote:

I bought two gates at a yard sale that I'm going to mount in the garden.
Got a great old office chair that needs a little MIG welding to
stabilize
the base. I went through a little 1.2 hp Gamefisher motor I got with my
used fishing boat. I'm getting some steel ready to make window awnings,
and
getting the sewing machine tuned up.

What's everyone up to? So much damn political talk going on, you can't
hear
the jaybirds.

Steve

I haven't done jack **** lately beyond overhauling the treadmill.

I'm confident with MIG but I stil need to address E-field issues with
TIG re my implanted cardioverter.

Don (double entendre intentional) a suit of grounded chainmail and GO
FOR IT!

That would work. Don't have any chainmail in the closet, maybe a
form-fitting grounded shield made of thin copper. It's just a matter
of getting around to it.

Its cheaper to just have a photo of a good looking naked woman in front of
you. It doesn't matter if the pacemaker stops, your heart will take care of
itself.