Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Calif Bill Calif Bill is offline

Default Anyone doing any actual metalwork?

"Bill Noble" wrote in message

"SteveB" wrote in message
news
I.

What's everyone up to? So much damn political talk going on, you can't
hear the jaybirds.

Steve

I''m still searching all over for some way to make the 4 ft long curl on
the end of some .040 stainless to form a hood hinge for my 36 cadillac -
it puzzles me to no end that this thing could be made in 1936 and no one
I've contacted has a clue how to make it today - looks like either a roll
mill or hammer mill job to me - no this is not a hinge with a pin, it is a
typical interlocking spiral car hood hinge.

any clues?

Cad Coupe? Boss of mine in high school had one of the 2 1936 Cad coupes in
the SF Bay area.