Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Noble[_3_] Bill Noble[_3_] is offline

Default Anyone doing any actual metalwork?

"SteveB" wrote in message
news
I.

What's everyone up to? So much damn political talk going on, you can't
hear the jaybirds.

Steve

I''m still searching all over for some way to make the 4 ft long curl on the
end of some .040 stainless to form a hood hinge for my 36 cadillac - it
puzzles me to no end that this thing could be made in 1936 and no one I've
contacted has a clue how to make it today - looks like either a roll mill or
hammer mill job to me - no this is not a hinge with a pin, it is a typical
interlocking spiral car hood hinge.

any clues?