Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Anyone doing any actual metalwork?

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 21:52:20 -0600, SteveB wrote:

I bought two gates at a yard sale that I'm going to mount in the garden.
Got a great old office chair that needs a little MIG welding to
stabilize the base. I went through a little 1.2 hp Gamefisher motor I
got with my used fishing boat. I'm getting some steel ready to make
window awnings, and getting the sewing machine tuned up.

What's everyone up to? So much damn political talk going on, you can't
hear the jaybirds.

Steve

I rebuilt my kid's bed Sunday and yesterday. The original plan was to
have both boys in one room on a bunk bed, and the second room as a
playroom/guest bedroom. That didn't survive the first few bedtimes, so
#2 son got the playroom -- and broke up the folding couch/bed.

So I had to splice in some tubing that was totally broken, and straighten
and reinforce the other side that hadn't gotten quite so far.

He was so thrilled that it was back together, I think he may even refrain
from jumping on it.

Aside from that I have a massive shortage of round tuits. I have a gate
project that's waiting for enough backs to get healthy so I can flip it
over and do the other side, and I've got a Cox .15 cylinder to machine
(yes, still).

But the model airplane (with only bent wire for metalwork) is coming
along nicely.

--
http://www.wescottdesign.com