Posted to alt.home.repair
WW[_2_] WW[_2_] is offline

Default Clothes dryer taking too long to dry clothes.

wrote in message
I have a Sears electric dryer (110.86880100) that takes 2 70 minute
cycles to dry a load of clothes. The lint filter is clear; the
exhaust opening inside the drum is clear; there is no kink in the
exhaust tube; there is no obstruction at the end of the exhaust tube
outside the house.

So, i figured that the heating element was bad. I went to an
appliance repair parts store to buy a new heating element; however,
the "knowledgeable" guy at the counter told me that, if I was getting
any heat at all, the element was not bad. I asked if the element had
parallel heating elements (one might be bad and the other still
working) and he said that the element was one strip and he suggested
that the exhaust tube might be kinked.

I had previously checked and I have LOTS of airflow at the end of the
exhaust tube outside of the house.

Anybody got any suggestions??

TIA

Chuck

Some older models had 2 elements. How many terminals are on the element
case. Also easy to open case and look at the element. WW