Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Painter's tape inquiry

SteveB wrote:
"George" wrote in message
The wife has been doing some projects in the house and is about going
mad. We have eggshell paint on plaster walls and when she paints and
uses "painter's tape," the the tape pulls the paint off the wall.

She'd like to know if there is a better alternative, if she should
look for a particular brand, or if there is something else to help
with the issue.

TIA,
Dave

Get a good quality trim brush and practice and forget the tape.

Taping everything is what they do on those "expert" home shows sponsored
by big box where they drop off a pallet of tape at the house they are
working on.

Taping is, after all, for people who can't paint.

Steve

Not at all .. I know very skilled painters and some mask,some don't.
Probably all do sometimes. Being on a ladder and working higher up is a
skill that diminishes with age )