Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Duncan Hoyle Duncan Hoyle is offline

Default Opinions on Nova DVR XP

mac davis wrote:

Have you heard anything about Nova developing a remote switch like you made?
The more "sit down hollowing" I do, the more I'd like to not have to reach over
a spinning chunk of wood to turn the lathe off...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Despite having made one for myself (and it working well), I've contacted
Teknatool several times in the past about the possibility of them
producing their own.
When I last asked them about it (early 2007) there was one mentioned on
the website, but I've had a quick look and couldn't find it. At the time
they told me that it was a work in progress and almost ready.
When I didn't hear anything further I gave up asking. I vaguely remember
reading somewhere that it was going to be wireless - which would be
nice, but probably expensive.
If you have some basic soldering skills the DIY version is relatively
easy to make but it involves opening up the control box and
unplugging/plugging cables. When I was building mine I got connections
the wrong way round and it didn't do any damage (maybe I was lucky).

I've mailed them a couple of times about a possible upgrade from my
DVR3000 to the DVRXP control software/board (to give me access to the
new functions). I haven't had any response yet.

Duncan

--
www.duncanhoyle.com