Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Sketchup grief ... or computer grief?

"MikeWhy" wrote in message
"Swingman" wrote in message
"MikeWhy"

It's not a graphics driver issue. Drivers abort with blue screens, not
application aborts. All the same, the graphics drivers were updated
recently, just a few weeks ago, to support additional CUDA and PhysX
features. There are no other issues of any kind with any other
application.

The SU website is a little odd. It doesn't list the version number or date
of the latest update. I did check, but didn't find a version number, so I
didn't update. As far as I could tell, it's the same version I already
have.

No worries. I got the job done some other way. It was just as well. I
wanted to see if SW can unroll a lofted, developed surface to a flat
shape. I'm building a 14 ft. lap straked sailboat this summer, and wanted
to preview the planking. It works well enough for simple shapes. If you're
interested in such things.

It would be interesting to try the same thing on another computer with the
same file.