Posted to rec.woodworking
C & E C & E is offline

Default Sketchup grief

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Mar 22, 11:23 am, "Leon" wrote:

I know that some CAD programs like AutoCAD have specific processor brand
requirements/suggestions. Perhaps your computer is not totally suited for
this particular piece of software.

If it runs MS Paint, then it should be able to run SU.

Interesting. My XP *won't* run "Paint". It locks up the machine every
time. Goofy. My PC guy wouldn't believe it until I had the unit to him for
a new HDD and I asked him about. He felt sure that it was the defective HDD
messing with Paint but it's no better with the new drive. He has pronounced
Paint as corrupt and for some bench time he will do a re-install. I'd
spring at the offer if I hadn't been out of work since Dec 08. Bum ticker!