Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Sketchup grief ... or computer grief?

"MikeWhy"

So this is now official where I'll come with my SU gripes. Danged
cheerleaders here need waking up. I picked up a little book on modeling a
wooden sailboat. But it had little scale drawings you were supposed to
trace, and doesn't have offset tables and line drawings. No problem. I
scanned them and figured I would just trace them in SU, and make clean
prints with fine lines I can cut. Damned if it doesn't meltdown and exit
to the desktop every 3 minutes. I'm giving up. POS. My weekend has not
been a relaxing one so far.

Look first to your computer .... too many millions using the program with no
similar problem to put the blame elsewhere but locally.

A hardware problem, most likely in your graphics subsystem? Got the latest
drivers for your video card?

That said, as with every version change there are bugs to be squashed. There
has been a recent update, so make sure you have it before proceeding with
other troubleshooting.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08