Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Sketchup grief

"MikeWhy" wrote in message
So this is now official where I'll come with my SU gripes. Danged
cheerleaders here need waking up. I picked up a little book on modeling a
wooden sailboat. But it had little scale drawings you were supposed to
trace, and doesn't have offset tables and line drawings. No problem. I
scanned them and figured I would just trace them in SU, and make clean
prints with fine lines I can cut. Damned if it doesn't meltdown and exit
to the desktop every 3 minutes. I'm giving up. POS. My weekend has not
been a relaxing one so far.

For what it is worth I just imported a jpg image of a customers back yard
and I tried using the straight line tool to trace the windows and the
freehand tool to trace the curvy plastic lawn chairs. No problems.

I am going to have to say that this is the first time I have heard of this
problem. I would suggest looking into a forum to see if any one else is
having this problem and specifically what kind of computer they are using.
Or reboot and see if that solves your problem.

I know that some CAD programs like AutoCAD have specific processor brand
requirements/suggestions. Perhaps your computer is not totally suited for
this particular piece of software.