Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Lidl from 26th March

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 13:07:26 UTC, PCPaul wrote:

On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 23:02:30 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
PCPaul wrote:
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 16:40:14 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article , Bruce
wrote:
Freecycle is great. You don't get any money but you know that
whatever you give away is likely to get used.

Appear in a car boot sale, more likely. ;-)

So? Would you rather it went to landfill?

With my experiences of Freecycle, yes.

That's a shame - it's worked very well for us.

You do get the occasional small-town-committee-chairman type moderator
who is too pedantic even for Usenet

Oh, yes...one of those in one of the groups round here. The other group
works just as well, if not better, and I always advertise in that one
first as it's far less hassle.

(clue: East Kent!)

and after each time it's mentioned
on the local radio you get an influx of 'WANTED: Boxed PS3, must be mint
condition' but overall most people seem to be 'nice people'.

Same here. Someone posted a want ad for 'moon on a stick' a while ago,
and that cut down on the silly ones!

Generally I just want rid of something I offer, I don't care whether they
want it or will sell it on. If I can't be arsed to sell it myself, why
shouldn't they get the profit in exchange for the hassle?

If it's something special, I'll take more care to give it to someone who
I think really wants it for themselves.

Exactly.

http://www.diybanter.com