Posted to alt.home.repair

Default de-stinking a car interior

On 21 Mar 2009 21:26:23 GMT, Jim Yanik wrote:

wrote in
:

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 14:31:07 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

The coil cleaner I use on AC coils does a nice job on
smokers film. Cleaning window unit coils and such, it really
takes the brown film off.

I bought a '65 Rambler Classic back in 1972 - the chrome on the dash
looked like brass and the headliner was brown. It also had tinted
windows. (It was cheap - bought it for $100). A gallon of "FANTASTIC"
later the headliner was white, the chrome was silver, the seats and
carpets didn't stink any more, and even the windows were clean. Gotta
be REAL carefull with Fantastic on glass though!!!!!

I remeber laying the fiber headliner out on the driveway, soaking it
with Fantastic, and hosing it down with the garden hose about 4 times,
with coffee-coloured water flowing down the driveway.

just think what the previous owners lungs were like....or their teeth.
ECCCH!

Pipe and Cigar - mostly pipe from what I could figure out.
I think he was dead when I bought the car.