Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Is horse chestnut wood good for anything?

Lurfys Maw wrote:

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 21:57:02 -0700, Mark & Juanita

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 22:35:31 -0700, Mark & Juanita

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 10:01:20 -0700 (PDT), "SonomaProducts.com"
wrote:

I am not a Bush defender, I am a tax hater and a liberty lover.

I think it really sucks that governments just pick a thing and tax it.
This cap-and-trade crap will tax our industries into the ground while
China and others not only keep freely trashing our planet but also
sell credits from the regions of wasteland where they haven't
developed any industry yet.

And *your* plan is.....?

Why does he need a plan to solve a non-existant, fabricated "problem"?

You think global warming is a "non-existant, fabricated problem"?

Umm, yes. Lots of bombast, little, if any, real science.

...and your degree is in what? Did you even finish high school?

As I said, lots of bombast, little science. I guess I should also have
added "with a bunch of ad hominem thrown in".

Just to assuage your petty little taunt: Master of Science in Electrical
Engineering. I've spent a number of years doing modeling and simulation as
well as work analyzing and evaluating both models and system performance
for various systems. I KNOW the difficulty, even when I have direct
control of a large number of a CONTROLLED test's parameters to obtain
results from very sophisticated models that accurately predict a system's
performance in statistically meaningful terms. That is one reason I laugh
in derision at all of these so-called experts using their models to predict
catastrophic climate change resulting from predicted temperature changes at
single or decimal increments of degrees based upon data that includes such
silliness as using tree-ring data to assess temperature data thousands of
years ago and attempting to predict the behavior of a chaotic system with
so many variables and closed-loop control cycles such that model fidelity
to that level of precision is ridiculous.