Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Installing Gas Oven

On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 07:18:29 -0700 (PDT), SMcK
wrote:

We'll be buying a new gas oven soon. The local appliance store wants
a few hundred bucks to deliver and install. I have a truck big enough
to haul it and neighbors to help get it in the house.

How difficult is it to install the new oven? Some neighbors say it's
just a matter of shutting off a valve behind the oven, unhooking the
coupling, and rehooking the new oven to the coupling, using adapters
if necessary. I don't imagine the assembly of the oven and stovetop
parts will be that difficult.

What say you folks?

-Scott

I installed an over-the-stove microwave. The most time-consuming job
was correcting what the original installers botched up. The edge of
the walls were open which caused some exhaust (along with grease) to
enter between the walls. And these people were licensed construction
workers. It should be fairly easy to install a built-in oven, just
be prepared for other things and have a helper nearby.