Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] storybookmurals@gmail.com is offline

Default how do you install a door in a sheetrock wall with no studs?

On Mar 21, 11:15*am, dpb wrote:
wrote:

... or, since the door will rarely if *ever be used, couldd i just build a
box frame inside the doorway and just liquid nails it to the
sheetrock?

I thought you said you were a carpenter??? *

As for the reference to the polish and workmanship, from these comments
methinks the reference should be to the mirror...

Nothing solid can have only sheetrock as a structural member and last
any time at all--the rock will break.

As for the metal studs, I can't tell from here what they're fastened to
nor so no way to tell whether there's sufficient structure there to hang
a door onto or not...

I've told you what I would (likely) do; actually seeing the situation
could change that of course.

--

cool, thanks. i am only a fake carpenter- building sets and flats is a
totally different science