Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Installing Gas Oven

SMcK wrote:
We'll be buying a new gas oven soon. The local appliance store wants
a few hundred bucks to deliver and install. I have a truck big enough
to haul it and neighbors to help get it in the house.

How difficult is it to install the new oven? Some neighbors say it's
just a matter of shutting off a valve behind the oven, unhooking the
coupling, and rehooking the new oven to the coupling, using adapters
if necessary. I don't imagine the assembly of the oven and stovetop
parts will be that difficult.

What say you folks?

-Scott

That's about it. Have some pipe dope on hand and buy a new flex hose.
Plan your install during a time when your local hardware emporium is
open because you may have a gotcha (e.g. when I hooked up a new dryer
for my old landlady, I found that the new dryer used a smaller diameter
flex hose than the old one, so I had to run to the store for a new fitting.)

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel