Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Gerald Ross[_2_] Gerald Ross[_2_] is offline

Default Opinions on Nova DVR XP

Ralph E Lindberg wrote:
In article ,
Q47m wrote:

I have owned a couple belt drive lathes, one reeves drive and one
variable drive. As they get more use vibration has been a problem.
I have replaced the belts.

So my question, is the Nova DVD really vibration free and is the
motor/computer reliable?

Thanks to all that respond.

L Bledsoe

A couple more points. The through head is nice for vacuum chucking, but
the factory vacuum adapter prevents the use of the factory knock-out
bar. The "motor stall" on a hard catch is nice, and you can adjust how
hard the stall has to be to stop the lathe (I have left mine at factory).

The vacuum adapter can be quickly removed by loosening one setscrew. I
keep the allen wrench for it stuck to a magnet on the motor housing

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

One who has both feet on the ground is