Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Opinions on Nova DVR XP

On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 08:06:20 -0700, Ralph E Lindberg wrote:

A couple more points. The through head is nice for vacuum chucking, but
the factory vacuum adapter prevents the use of the factory knock-out
bar.

Funny that you mention that, Ralph...
I didn't realize that since I don't use the Nova bar...
I didn't like the "no-knob" design and use the rod from my Jet 1442, so I never
realized that the one for the lathe didn't fit... must be a smaller diameter..

BTW: I use the vac adapter a lot, but with plastic hose to the vac pump, not a
shop vac as it was apparently designed for.. YMWV

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing