Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Young Don Young is offline

Default Help with gravel on clay driveway

wrote in message
We have a long gravel on clay driveway that is about 2 years old. It has
done fairly well until recently when we had a lot of rain & snow. The
gravel just got pushed down in the the gel/slime/whatever and the driveway
got in bad shape in a hurry. This residential driveway has more traffic
than a normal residential driveway but it is limited to about 10-15 cars a
day and normal a normal residential delivery truck (USPS, UPS, FEDEX) 2 or
so times a week.

I would appreciate any help with how to improve the driveway so we won't
have to frequently re-gravel it and then have it go bad in the next long
spell of wet weather.

Thanks for any help. (Is there a better place I could ask this question?)

In addition to all the other advice you have been given, you need to be sure
the driveway is built up and properly smoothed and crowned so that water
will have a chance to run off. Your contractor needs to have a good
compactor and a motor grader to build a good driveway. Mine is about 25
years old and is still in good shape.

Don Young