Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help with gravel on clay driveway

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 14:21:47 -0400, wrote:

We have a long gravel on clay driveway that is about 2 years old. It has
done fairly well until recently when we had a lot of rain & snow. The
gravel just got pushed down in the the gel/slime/whatever and the driveway
got in bad shape in a hurry. This residential driveway has more traffic
than a normal residential driveway but it is limited to about 10-15 cars a
day and normal a normal residential delivery truck (USPS, UPS, FEDEX) 2 or
so times a week.

I would appreciate any help with how to improve the driveway so we won't
have to frequently re-gravel it and then have it go bad in the next long
spell of wet weather.

Thanks for any help. (Is there a better place I could ask this question?)

That is a lot of traffic for a gravel driveway. Consider asphalt, or
even better, concrete.